Pennsylvania Protection from Abuse & Restraining Order Attorneys
Phone: (717) 207-7158
Do you need help obtaining a restraining order? Have you been served with a protection from abuse order (PFA)? The experienced attorneys at Clymer, Musser & Conrad, P.C. can help. We want to help true victims of abuse obtain the peace of mind that comes with knowing they are safe. We also want to help those who are falsely accused of abuse protect their rights and fight for truth.
Our law firm seeks to maintain the strength and unity of the family whenever possible, while either protecting the victim or defending the accused.
Get Experienced Help with Your PFA (Protection From Abuse Order)
With offices throughout southeastern Pennsylvania (Lancaster, Quarryville, and Ephrata), the lawyers at Clymer, Musser & Conrad, P.C. assist people in need of PFAs or defending against PFAs.
We have more than 25 years of experience, a reputation for excellence, and a track record of success. For additional information about us, our qualifications, and the level of personal service and attention we provide our clients, please visit our Firm Overview. For immediate assistance with a restraining order/PFA matter, contact us to discuss your concerns.
Pennsylvania Protection from Abuse (PFA) Lawyers
Attorneys at Clymer, Musser & Conrad, P.C. can assist you with obtaining a Protection from Abuse Order under Pennsylvania's Protection From Abuse Act (PFA). The PFA defines abuse as the occurrence of one or more of the following acts between family or household members, sexual or intimate partners, or persons who share biological parenthood:
- Attempting to cause or intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causing (with or without a weapon):
- bodily injury, rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault
- indecent assault or incest
- Placing another in reasonable fear of imminent serious bodily injury — in other words, threats of physical violence
- False imprisonment
- Physical child abuse or sexual child abuse
- Stalking or harassment that makes you afraid of bodily injury
What Is a Protection From Abuse Order (PFA)?
A Protection from Abuse Order is a paper that is signed by a judge and tells your abuser to stop the abuse or face serious legal consequences. It offers civil legal protection from domestic violence to both women and men victims.
How Can a Protection From Abuse Order Protect Me?
A Protection from Abuse Order can do more than protect you and your children. It may:
- Order your abuser not to abuse, harass, or stalk you, your relatives, or your minor children
- Grant you possession of your home or order the abuser to provide suitable alternate housing, whether or not you own or lease your home together or separately
- Award temporary custody or temporary visitation rights of your minor children
- Order the abuser to pay financial support (including medical bills, health insurance, rent, or mortgage payments) to you or your children
- Prohibit the abuser from having any contact with you or minor children, including staying away from your place of employment or business or your children's school
- Order your abuser to surrender any firearms or other weapons over to the sheriff or police
- Order your abuser to pay you for losses resulting from the domestic abuse (this may include medical, dental, relocation, attorney and counseling costs, as well as loss of earnings or support)
- Grant any other appropriate relief you request
Whether a judge orders any or all of the above depends on the facts of your case.
How can I Get a Protection From Abuse Order?
The attorneys at Clymer, Musser & Conrad, P.C. are experienced in PFA law and will assist you in filing for a PFA and representing you at a hearing on the PFA. Call now to speak with an attorney about your situation.
What if I was Falsely Accused of Domestic Abuse?
Sadly, restraining orders (Protection from Abuse orders) are often used to gain leverage in a family dispute, such as a child custody matter. Allegations of child abuse or spousal abuse may be made, regardless of the merits of the allegations. You are unexpectedly served with a PFA and are forced to face the temporary restrictions until the court hears your side on the matter. While a PFA can offer indispensable protection, when warranted, it can cause significant problems for the person who has been falsely accused of abuse. Our lawyers take immediate action to protect your interests and get restrictions removed from temporary restraining orders.
Contact Us in Lancaster or Quarryville
If you are in need of help concerning a PFA, please contact our PFA law attorneys by calling us at (717) 207-7158 (Lancaster area) or (717) 786-0500 (Quarryville area), or filling out our intake form. We can work to help you obtain or defend against a PFA in a cost-effective and efficient manner and aggressively protect your legal interests.
Fulfilling Our Calling as Christian Attorneys by Providing Superior Legal Services Grounded on Our Belief That We Should Seek Justice for Our Clients